HVAC CAD Engineer Internship - Paid
Join Controlled Air Inc. a family-owned and operated commercial heating, ventilation, air conditioning and temperature controls company. We are located in Branford, CT. We are currently looking for a part-time HVAC CAD Engineer Intern. The position will require the following:
- Evaluates HVAC system concepts developed from Sales Engineers.
- Assist the sales engineer by running load calculations for the designs.
- Assist in equipment selection that meets design concepts.
- Review contract documents (drawings, specifications, submittals, etc.) for incorporation into coordinated drawings.
- Designs and draws for use in construction, sheet metal and hydronic piping systems layouts. This includes air distribution calculation, duct sizing, duct layout, refrigerant piping, chilled water piping, diffusers / grill sizing etc.
- Works closely with installers to understand system layouts as designed.
- Revise and update existing drawings to reflect design or coordination changes.
- Candidates should possess AutoCAD/Revit knowledge with basic ability read and interpret mechanical blueprints and specifications. A basic understanding of thermodynamics, psychrometrics, HVAC concepts and systems is required.
This is a part-time position for the upcoming university winter break. We are willing to work around a school schedule during the semester for the right candidate. This is a temporary position that could potentially lead to a long-term.
Interested candidates should fill out the form below and upload their resume.